As I reflect on this year, I am astounded at my own growth. This last year has been a year of new beginnings and stepping out on faith. It has been the most confident I've ever been. I believed in my own abilities and talents and took chances on myself that I would have never taken before. I trusted God more than ever to lead me in the right direction. Even when that path appeared to lead to destruction, I remained obedient. This year has been just as hard as it has been amazing. I've had to make tough decisions, I've been stressed, I've been scared to death, I've been humiliated, and I have been angry. But it was all worth it for everything great that I experienced this year.
1. I started my own business
2. I invested more than I ever thought in myself.
3. I started a Facebook group that grew to over 1000 members in 4 days.
4. My Facebook group grew to over 2000 people with members all of the US and the world.
5. I hosted and sold out my first event, which was both amazing and successful.
6. I traveled out of the country on my own to grow my business,
7. I was blessed by someone I admire to both speak at my event and invite me to her intimate affair.
8. I started my own t-shirt line.
9. I held my first Cyber Monday Sale, which was more successful than I imagined.
10. I enrolled in a speaking program.
11. I was booked to speak at an event in Washington DC
12. I launched my first beta program,
13. I wrote the first 3 chapters of my dissertation.
And that was just my business! I jumped out on Faith and moved to New Orleans with my kids. I overcame my fears of changing their environment and schools and just did it. They are both in great schools and are flourishing!
This really was a year of believing in myself. I took so many chances and just jumped so many times. This is not a brag post. I actually surprised myself when I was making that list that actually started off as a sentence because I didn't realize I did so much this year. I'm so grateful to God for guiding me and never letting me go. I am so thankful for the people around me that support everything I do even if they don't agree. I am so appreciative of the love that is showered on me by family, friends, and my Love. I am also grateful to all the people I met this year through Under Renovation. You guys do not understand the impact you have made in my life. I am so grateful to you all. Thank you for believing in me and supporting me. I have to stop now because I'm holding back tears, as I am overwhelmed with emotion thinking about how amazing this year has been. Love you all!